Beam Compass Sets (also known as Trammels) are Quality German made instrument sets designed for drawing large circles up to a diameter of 1200mm, available with or without Graduations.
Sets Comprise of:
- Two 30cm Alloy Beams Join to Give 1200mm Diameter.
- .5mm Pencil (Not Included in Alvin - BEAMPL Set).
- Joining Block.
- Technical Pen Attachment.
- Ruling Pen Attachment.
- Compass Point Attachment.
- 2mm Lead Attachment.
- Lead Spares Tube.
- BEAMPL is brand new/unused, the plastic case (shown in photo) has yellowed over time.
- DBC93E has Graduations Marked on Beam.
- DBC93P & BEAMPL have Plain Beams.
For Compass Accessories Click here
Draftex Beam Compasses are designed for drawing large circles up to a diameter of 1200mm.
The two beams are joined at the centre and each has either the point or the pencil part running along it with adjustment being made with knurled push wheels.
A variety of fittings can be attached including fineline .5mm pencil, 2mm pencil, ruling pen style ink attachment and a technical pen attachment.
One model comes with plain beams while the other has graduations for helping set the diameter.
Final measurements are ideally taken between the points on a long rule or tape.